Saturday, January 24, 2015

Rainy days


Today was raining again. I do love rain. One of my happiest moments was in Maldives when I was on the beach and rain started to pour down from the sky. The drops were hot and they just run over my body just as a multitude of warmth small touches giving a feeling of been part of all that beauty.

I end up diving into the bay and as I floated on the sea, rain drops messing my hair, I looked back into the beach and saw the palm trees dancing with the wind following the sound of raining falling. It is still one of those moments to where I can escape when I feel down.

Rain has this ability, we call it rain but in fact it is not a single entity. Rain is a multitude of water drops which will touch one in single manner. It is the adding of each single touch that will induce your feelings towards the Rain itself, and will make it Good, Bad or Indifferent about it. Kind of the same of what happens in a Relationship which strangely enough also starts with “R”.

My love towards rain started when I was young. My mother would not let me go outside to play if it was raining. So I would go to a window and wait for it to stop. At the beginning I just thought “Stupid rain, stop, come on strop!” But as it never stops when we ask, I just sulked and end up with the “this is not fair” sentence.

One day however instead of sulking I just look to it throw a window. It was then when I fall in love by the Rain. The drops of water hitting the glass and going each one their one way, some would get together, others would follow their on their path, others would mingle together before falling, some would stand and wait for a friend before falling… It was an entire world that was unveiling itself to me, much of the time things happened so fast that if I was not paying attention those worlds would just vanished for not be seeing again.

It is the same as a Relationship.  We call it as it was one entity, but the truth is that it consists of a multitude of things, touches, words, actions… Any one of them will touch you on a single manner, but it is their global action which will make your feelings of Love, Hate, Indifference towards the Relationship a part of you and a part of what you are. As in the rain drops and the glass, sometimes you need to get a different perspective before you simply notice that those things are there. And in the same way if you do not pay enough attention, it will just disappear in front of you and fall down to earth.

That is why I do love Rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment